"Ancient Relics"


The Wings of Egypt

You are so far away and yet so close to my heart

I could dream of words to say but it’s only just the start

I wait for the moment to speak feelings I cannot hide

I am awaken to breathe again as I walk along your side

I finally found true peace as I lay upon your chest

Through the wings of Egypt you were born to give me rest

Embrace me and tell me stories that have encouraged you to be

The sensitive brave one that truly unfolds in front of me

I will give you a gift that beats so deep inside my skin

It’s yours to keep safe, to touch you from deep within

Together we are, no longer divided by the creation of land

Allow the wind to bind us and join me by your hand

An embrace to seal our bond that was created for us to flow

A love forever given which strengthens as we grow

Comments