"A Face Within a Case"


It was one of those nights when I couldn't sleep as I felt wanted to create something. I was sleepy, but inside I felt I was not complete for the day. So I grabbed a medium sized mold replica of a woman's face(size of a small face mask) I had saved a few months ago. I began painting her, using acrylic paints,polymer clay to make her hair and a old southwestern fabric as a head scarf. I felt at the time, I wanted something realistic,cultural with an illusive antique appeal. As the work progressed the more comforting I became as I was completing another original work of art. I really didn't mind if it was wonderful or full of perfection, I just wanted to complete something from my heart and hands. After I was done, I decided to put her into a glass shadow box for a more dramatic effect. I even desire to photograph her without a flash so the dark contrast would give a low museum light ambiance. So I did, oh and I didn't even let her dry completely. The entire process took me 30 minutes. After I was complete I began cleaning up by closing all containers and sealing what was needed. I stared at her, then smiled thinking, someday someone will have this and smile as well, then possibly ponder as I am doing like this very moment.

Comments

casper_man said…
i miss you so much. i need you forever. take care. i love you


hazim
casper_man said…
hi monique
i miss you so very much. i need you forever. love you. plz take all ur care.

hazim